Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I did it!!!

I ran/walked/cried through 10 miles.  I finished my race.  I got my medal and I promised never to do somethign that foolish again.  LOL

No seriously,  I'm so proud of this accomplishment....people have been really negative about my decision to participate in this race.  But I showed up...which is more than some do...and I put my feet on the ground and finished.  That's all that matters.  I finished.

When I heard the news about Boston on yesterday afternoon...all I could do was cry.  I was so saddened by the obvious disregard for human life that I felt numb inside.


Please pray for the city of Boston and for all the runners who participated in the race from across the globe. 

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

10 Miles!!!! you are awesome!! I'm so proud of you! Way to kick some bootay!

MissHaneefa said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Way to go! It is so hard the first time you do it, but I am sure that you will want to try again. Have a great week.

Anna said...

Congratulations!!! That's so awesome! I cry my way through a 5k, so I couldn't even imagine going 7 more miles. You rock, girlie!

Jen said...

great accomplishment! yay you!!! :)

Sarah G said...

YAAAY Dawnya!

Elizabeth said...

Proud of you!! That is a great accomplishment.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Why would anyone be negative about you doing such a great personal thing? So proud of you - how awesome!

Sandy said...

Can't figure out why someone would be negative about such a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I am so over the top proud of you for just doing it.

And absolutely crying my eyes out sad about Boston. We never know how long our life will be so we must live each day to the fullest. Love ya, my iChild.

Darlin1 said...

Congratulations....I am so proud of you! This will be a tell the children and grandchildren story!

XO

Ms. M said...

Awesome accomplishment! Can't imagine why anyone would be negative about it... that's just silly.

Steph said...

You kick some serious ass. So proud of yoU!